Welcome to Liz Brown Yoga, offering friendly
group yoga classes in Monks Risborough and in Wendover near Aylesbury,
plus private yoga or yoga therapy sessions.
My mother initially sparked my interest in yoga as
a child, which led to my regularly practicing yoga since 1990 and teaching since 2007.
I'm particularly interested in the health of the spine and
the management of energy, pain, sleep, stress &
tension using yoga.
My teaching is an eclectic amalgamation of modern
Scaravelli-inspired, classical Hatha, Therapeutic and Restorative Yoga, with a touch of the Alexander Technique
My background as a Learning & Development Consultant
underpins my genuine love of teaching and fascination with what motivates and gets the very best out of people.
- Yogacampus Yoga Therapy Diploma (2012), (previously offered by the Yoga
Biomedical Trust) teaching therapeutic yoga to individuals & groups.
- Birthlight Perinatal Yoga Teacher (2007), teaching yoga classes for pregnancy, birth and the post-natal period.
- Yoga for Health Foundation General Hatha Yoga
Teacher (2004), teaching general hatha yoga classes.
- Gary Carter: 'Anatomy for Yoga, Pilates & Gyrotonic Teachers' course (2015).
- Françoise Freedman: Perinatal
Yoga Level 3 (Advanced) Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training (2012).
- Judith Hanson Lasater: Relax and Renew® Restorative Yoga and Yoga for Anxiety (2012).
- Yoga for Health Educational Trust: Stress Management & Managing
Back Problems (2012).
- Fiona Agombar: Yoga Therapy
for ME/ CFS, Burnout and Chronic Illness (2011).
Blackaby & Serge Gracovetsky: The spine: an integration of fascia with musculature (2011).
- Peter Blackaby: Humanistic Yoga; natural patterns of movement of the
spine, making yoga useful and being your own teacher (2010).
Registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
Member of The Association of Independent Yoga Teachers.
Member of Birthlight.
Member of The International Association of Yoga Therapists.
Member of The Yoga for Health Educational Trust.
Graduate member of the CIPD with a specialisation in Learning & Development.
Insured by DSC Insurance Services and current 'Emergency First
Aid At Work' certification held with the British Red Cross.