"Love & thanks to Ruth Lovell who taught me the heart of Yoga."
Also inspired by and grateful to...
Annie Cahill-Silverman, Fiona
Agombar, Francoise Freedman, Gary Carter, John Stirk, Dr Lisa Kaley-Isley, Monica Voss, Peter Blackaby & Dr Ruth Gilmore.
Welcome to Liz Brown Yoga, offering group
yoga classes in Chesham, near Amersham and Wendover, near Aylesbury and private sessions to suit.
My general hatha
yoga classes are inspired by the work of Vanda Scaravelli, which seek to lose tension working with the natural patterns of
movement of the body (particularly the spine) and its relationship with gravity and the breath.
My yoga for pregnancy,
birth & the postnatal period are gentle and safe for all women, whether new to yoga or with years of practice. I have
a particular interest in helping to prevent and minimise both back and pelvic pain in pregnancy and support all birth choices
- all are welcome.
My private yoga classes are tailored entirely to your needs and at a time to suit you. This
can be useful when your schedule doesn't allow for regular class attendance, to support a home practice, or to focus on
and deepen a particular area of your practice.
Therapeutic yoga adapts yoga practices to support people with health
problems. As yoga cultivates body/mind integration and can improve flexibility, strength, breathing, posture, balance,
co ordination, concentration and relaxation and help to manage pain and fatigue. Yoga may therefore support a whole variety
My mother initially sparked my interest in yoga as a child and I started
practicing regularly in 1990.
- Yoga for Health Foundation General Yoga Teacher (2004), teaching general
hatha yoga classes.
- Birthlight Perinatal Yoga
Teacher (2007), teaching yoga for pregnancy, birth and the post-natal period.
- Yogacampus Yoga Therapy Diploma (2012), (previously offered by the Yoga Biomedical Trust) teaching therapeutic yoga
to individuals & groups.
Freedman: Perinatal Yoga Level 3 (Advanced) Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training (2012).
- Judith Hanson Lasater: Relax and Renew® Restorative Yoga and Yoga for Anxiety (2012).
- Yoga for Health Educational Trust: Stress Management & Managing
Back Problems (2012).
- Fiona Agombar: Yoga Therapy
for ME/ CFS, Burnout and Chronic Illness (2011).
Blackaby & Serge Gracovetsky: The spine: an integration of fascia with musculature (2011).
- Peter Blackaby: Humanistic Yoga; natural patterns of movement of the
spine, making yoga useful and being your own teacher (2010).
In addition to being qualified to teach various forms of yoga, I carry professional insurance and a current first
- Registered with the Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Member of The Association of Independent Yoga Teachers.
- Member of Birthlight.
- Member of The
International Association of Yoga Therapists.
of The Yoga for Health Educational Trust.
member of the CIPD with a specialisation in Learning & Development.